Logistics services from a single source
Since 2008, Messe Frankfurt is responsible for the complete range of logistics services on its exhibition grounds. It takes orders directly from customers, ensuring that the services provided are of the highest quality. This results in the optimisation of freight forwarding logistics on the Frankfurt exhibition grounds, while also improving service for customers and reducing the volume of traffic.
Messe Frankfurt is collaborating with Agility Logistics GmbH and DHL Trade Fairs & Events. Both companies have many years of experience as authorised Frankfurt freight forwarders. They have all the know-how and resources needed to provide the new services in their role as Messe Frankfurt's logistics partners
The new features and changes at a glance:
- Since 2008, Messe Frankfurt serves as the direct contact partner and contractor for all logistics services on its exhibition grounds.
- Thanks to central planning and scheduling, the modern new logistics concept permits the optimisation of resources and reduction in waiting times.
- A volume-based rate structure offers attractive terms and charges, while the elimination of night surcharges provides an additional incentive for taking advantage of the more relaxed working conditions during the night. If a service is ordered in advance, administrative expenses are waived, as are the costs for transporting forklifts to and from the premises, thanks to the ability to more efficiently plan resources.
What remains unchanged?
- However, as in the past, third-party forwarders will continue to be able to offer their customers a full supply chain. To do this, they will continue to make use of Messe Frankfurt's freight forwarding services as specified in their freight forwarding rates for trade fairs on the Frankfurt exhibition grounds.
- Even so, customers are able to commission their own freight forwarders to take care of the entire supply chain.
- The regulations for accessing the exhibition grounds remain unchanged. As previously, all exhibitors, stand constructors and freight forwarders are permitted to drive on the exhibition grounds.